Technician - Wavertree
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Commercial Vehicle Technician to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz Truck and Van Dealership in Wavertree, Liverpool.
Duties include carrying out servicing, diagnostic testing and repairs to Mercedes Benz vans, carrying out vehicle inspections/MOT preparations and repairs, and carrying out class 4,5 & 7 MOT tests (if qualified).
For more qualified and experienced Technicians without experience of working on Mercedes Vehicles, there may be an opportunity to fast track your Mercedes Technical Qualifications.
Job Type / Category
This is a full time permanent position, working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities;
- The hours you would be working will be 08:00-16:30 hrs, Monday to Friday.
- Salary consists of a Basic rate plus Shift Allowance, which amounts to from £12.49 to £15.79 per hour, dependent on ability and experience with overtime available to supplement your earnings.
- Overtime available.
- 30 paid day’s holiday per year.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will be competent in the servicing and repairing of vehicles to the highest Manufacturer standards. As well as technical competence in the mechanics of a vehicle, you will also have thorough knowledge of the electrical components and be comfortable with using the latest diagnostic equipment to identify and rectify faults.
Experience of working with Mercedes-Benz vehicles using Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment would be preferred however further Mercedes-Benz training will be provided. A minimum qualification of NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 Certificate is required. You must hold a current driving licence and a Class 4, 5 & 7 MOT qualification is preferred, although not essential.
The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced in either light commercial vehicle or passenger car maintenance.
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
We offer more than a job, when you join us you are placed on a career path with a clear pay structure linked to your progress and Personal Development Plan through the Mercedes Benz Technical Training Pathway and Qualifications.
- Extra Holidays issued at your 5 and 10 yr points.
- Workplace Pension.
- Career development.
- Free access to Pinpoint, financial planning services.
- Death in Service Benefit
A career with Roanza Truck and Van will certainly be both challenging and rewarding, as our staff face the dynamic pressures of the commercial vehicle market.
We have over 450 staff and treat each as individuals supporting many roles with a structured training and development plan. Matching our high standards, we seek talented individuals with a passion for the automotive industry to represent Mercedes-Benz, one of the most well-known and prestigious brands worldwide.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £12.49 to £15.79 /hour
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com