Sales Manager (Maternity Cover - Fixed Term Contract)
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager to join our team on a Fixed-Term Temporary Contract for Maternity Cover at our Mercedes-Benz Light Commercial Dealership based in Deeside.
You will be representing one of the world's best known brands as Roanza Truck and Van is the Franchised Mercedes-Benz dealer selling the full range of new and used Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles across the North-West and North Wales. We offer a competitive basic salary pro-rata dependent on experience plus commission and bonus.
The key purpose of the role is to manage the retail van sales business, incorporating all the company’s products and services to achieve optimal utilisation of the market, a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department in accordance with the company management goals and to co-ordinate and manage sales staff representing Mercedes-Benz standards and Mercedes-Benz philosophy externally.
Some of the role responsibilities are:
- To develop and maintain an effective relationship with the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Business Manager to deliver planned F&I penetration and income
- Plan, organise, direct, coach and motivate the Sales Team
- Maintain company standards and controls
- Ensure the used vehicle range is presented professionally in line with Mercedes-Benz guidelines and represents the appropriate stock mix, competitively priced
- Ensure used vehicles are traded-in professionally using the approved appraisal system
- To ensure all reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- To control preparations costs and standards by working closely with the Aftersales Manager
- To regularly monitor the length of time vehicles remain at the dealership and associated costs, and prices adjusted accordingly
- New target groups are acquired systematically through ongoing analysis of advertising effectiveness, cold prospecting (telephone calls, mail initiatives etc.), local advertising/promotional events and other techniques deemed profitable
- Agreed sales targets are monitored with everyone involved on a regular reviewed basis
Skills & Competencies required for the role:
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Understanding of job role
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Willingness to learn
- Share and acquire new information
- Reliable, trustworthy and empathetic
- Positive attitude and commitment to the Company
- Ability to carry out analysis of needs and requirements
- Preparing and following up customer contacts
- Personal integrity
- Be computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft office primarily word and excel.
- A full driving licence is also essential.
You will have access to:
- a Mercedes-Benz Company vehicle
- Fuel Card
- Mobile Phone
- and Laptop
As well as other benefits offered by the Company:
- We offer a workplace pension
- death in service benefit
- a generous annual holiday entitlement of 30 paid day’s holiday per year
A career with Roanza Truck and Van will certainly be both challenging and rewarding, as our staff face the dynamic pressures of the commercial vehicle market.
We have over 450 staff and treat each as individuals supporting many roles with a structured training and development plan. Matching our high standards, we seek talented individuals with a passion for the automotive industry to represent Mercedes-Benz, one of the most well-known and prestigious brands worldwide.
Job Type: Temporary
To apply, please e-mail recruitment @mercedescv.uk with your full curriculum vitae and a covering letter.