LGV Technician (Night Shift) – Stoke
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Commercial Vehicle (LGV) Technician to join our team, working in our modern workshop at our Mercedes-Benz Dealership at Stoke.
About the role
- Hours: Your working hours will be: Monday - Thursday 19:00hrs -07:00hrs and Friday 20:00hrs - 07.00hrs.
- Salary: A competitive hourly rate dependent on ability and experience, between £12.74 - £16.04 per hour, compromising of basic pay and shift allowance.
We offer more than a job, when you join us you are placed on a career path with a clear pay structure linked to your progress and Personal Development Plan through the Mercedes Benz Technical Training Pathway and Qualifications.
- A generous annual holiday entitlement of 30 paid holidays per year (Inclusive of Bank Holidays).
- Extra Holidays issued at your 5 and 10 yr points.
- Workplace Pension.
- Career development.
- Free access to Pinpoint, financial planning services.
- Death in Service Benefit
Duties include carrying out servicing, diagnostic testing and repairs to Mercedes Benz trucks, carrying out vehicle inspections/MOT preparations and repairs, and carrying out class 4,5 & 7 MOT tests (if qualified).
For more qualified and experienced Technicians without experience of working on Mercedes Vehicles, there may be an opportunity to fast track your Mercedes Technical Qualifications.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will be competent in the servicing and repairing of vehicles to the highest Manufacturer standards. As well as technical competence in the mechanics of a vehicle, you will also have thorough knowledge of the electrical components and be comfortable with using the latest diagnostic equipment to identify and rectify faults.
Experience of working with Mercedes-Benz vehicles using Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment would be preferred however further Mercedes-Benz training will be provided.
A minimum qualification of NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 Certificate is required. You must hold a current driving licence, a Class 2 HGV license is preferred and Class 4, 5 & 7 MOT qualification, although not essential.
The successful applicant will be:
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
A career with Roanza Truck and Van will certainly be both challenging and rewarding, as our staff face the dynamic pressures of the commercial vehicle market.
We have over 450 staff and treat each as individuals supporting many roles with a structured training and development plan. Matching our high standards, we seek talented individuals with a passion for the automotive industry to represent Mercedes-Benz, one of the most well-known and prestigious brands worldwide.
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com