Workshop Supervisor at Derby Road - Liverpool
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional and competent Commercial Vehicle Technician - Workshop Supervisor to join our team at our Commercial Mercedes-Benz Dealership in Liverpool (L20 8DY).
About the Role
Working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities on Light Commercial Vehicles; the hours you would be working are 07:00-15:30 or 10:00-18:30 (Monday to Friday).
The key purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient operation of the workshop team, to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations and maximise workshop efficiency and profitability.
As well as basic duties such as carrying out servicing, diagnostic testing and repairs to Mercedes Benz vans, you will be responsible for supervising, developing and training the workshop team to achieve the highest possible levels of performance.
We offer more than a job, when you join us you are placed on a career path with a clear pay structure linked to your progress and Personal Development Plan through the Mercedes Benz Technical Training Pathway. 30 paid day’s holiday per year and extra days issued at your 5 and 10 yr points.
About the Person
You will be competent in the servicing and repairing of vehicles to the highest Manufacturer standards. As well as technical competence in the mechanics of a vehicle, you will also have thorough knowledge of the electrical components and be comfortable with using the latest diagnostic equipment to identify and rectify faults.
Experience of working with Mercedes-Benz vehicles using Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment would be preferred however further Mercedes-Benz training will be provided.
You will be a fully qualified Technician holding a City & Guilds Level 3 certificate or equivalent. You must hold a current driving license.
- Skills and Experience required for this role are:
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship in the motor trade.
- At least five years practical experience in an After Sales environment.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between the various MBPC models and lines.
- Knowledge of the function of all vehicle controls and systems for each model.
- Ability to recognise and name all major components, their approximate location and function.
- Ability to carry out basic fault diagnosis based on customer description, vehicle inspection or road test.
- Ability to estimate accurately times for diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to determine condition of safety related parts ie tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades.
- Ability to determine the complexity of body/paint repair (smart repair or full body shop).
- Good basic administrational knowledge.
- Demonstrably numerate and literate.
- Should possess good customer relations skill to adapt to customers individual requirements whilst safeguarding the Company’s interest.
- Should possess a calm and even temperament.
- Ability to handle pressure without it affecting working relationships and effectiveness.
- Should possess excellent listening skills.
- Should possess strong self-organisational skills.
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and succinctly both face to face and via telephone.
- Ability to produce faultless written communications.
- Ability to convey information accurately between source and third party.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of team dynamics.
- Demonstrate man management skills to a minimum of supervisory level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of targets and measures need to achieve them.
- Ability to work positively with manufacturers’ representatives.
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking, able to analyse and synthesise a wide range of information in order to draw conclusions or make decisions.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines and respond to different ways of working in the face of changing situations.
Viewed a job opportunity listed and would like more information or to apply?
Email our team at email@example.com
For all applications please attach a curriculum vitae and covering letter to your email, with reference to the job vacancy you are interested in.